Friday, July 15, 2011

In the beginning...

Hi Everyone!  It seems I'm a little late with this blog thing, but... better late than never, right?  Well I've been super lazy about keeping up with my website, so I shall begin now!  I've got alot going on at the moment... working at TeachTown, settling into my new house, and planning for my wedding at the end of September.  I've been spending my spare time creating magnets and accessories to decorate our cabin door on our Disney weddingmoon cruise to the Mexican Riviera.  Our theme is the 1973 Disney classic Robin Hood, and we are using the WDCC figurine as a cake topper.  So, I'm using this image as our fish extender on the ship ( a kind of Secret Santa for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about).  I'd like to think if we looked like Disney cartoons, we'd look like this.

I'm currently working full time at TeachTown, where we are pioneering the use of cartoons for use as an educational aid for children with special needs.  So far, things are going amazing!  It's very satisfying to work on a product that brings help to those in need, versus just working on a money-driven project.  You can check us out so far at Teachtown.com  or on Facebook.  



2 comments:

  1. What is a WDCC figurine? Sounds like a really fun idea. Is the wedding going to have the same theme too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a Walt Disney Classic Collection figure... just a line of porcelain characters in limited editions. We are having the wedding on the ship, so I've decorated our cabin door and cake and our music all from the movie.

    ReplyDelete